Start Up Britain’s brand principles
From the StartUp Britain Website:
StartUp Britain is a new campaign by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, launched on 28th March 2011. Designed to celebrate, inspire and accelerate enterprise in the UK, it has the full backing of the Prime Minister, the Chancellor and HM Government.
This is a response from the private sector to the Government’s call for an ‘enterprise-led’ recovery.
From what I can gather this website seems to aggregate a litany of different business support offerings some of the Britain’s leading and well established business. There tools and resources are intended to help both business just starting up as well as help established businesses continue to grow.
Here are some of the new features to be rolled out this year:
This portal will be a living market place for the wide range of enterprise support that is already available. The aim is not to replace current provision, but to give it a higher profile, and complement existing provision with further offers of support.
StartUp Britain began with 2 platform services: a catalogue of links to great web resources, and a bucketload of offers from our corporate supporters. Our ideas for extending this free-market, open-source approach to the provision of enterprise support and promotion include:
- Mentor Marketplace: Find or become a mentor
- Masterclass Platform: Deliver or sign up for a masterclass near you
- Pledge matchmaker: Step up to invest your resources in other organisations’ enterprise initiatives
- Best of the web: a database of StartUp content, apps, videos and case studies curated from the web
- A calendar of enterprise related events, into which you can suggest your own event, or just keep up to date with what’s going on.